Oatmeal- Raisin Cookies- Day 4



Warning: This recipe will definitely ruin your appetite.  
My dad was teleworking in the living room and so he wanted to focus, but these sweet-smelling treats distracted him!

A few notes:

  • Today, much like most days, I wanted cookies.
    But because of social distancing, we don't have a lot of sweet things like chocolate chips, cocoa or coconut. That being said, we do have basic baking ingredients like vanilla, flour and brown sugar! So I looked online, and found this delicious and easy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe!
  • This recipe makes 48 delicious, (tiny) cookies! So basically, this can be dessert 48 times. Or, if you are like me, it can be a snack!
  • I was surprised by the simplicity of this project. For a while there, (when I was younger) I wasn't allowed to bake because I would have a hard time finishing the cleanup. Parchment paper is used for the cookie sheets, so there's a lot less washing and drying involved. 

The Process


  1. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Layout ingredients: combine the egg, vanilla, butter and brown sugar in one bowl, and the salt and flour in another. 
  2. Now, add the raisins and oatmeal, and stir! Make sure not to waste any of the dough (I did that, that's why my cookies were so small!)
 3. Form dough into roughly 12 balls on a baking sheet with parchment paper.






4. Put cookies into a 350-degree oven for 10- 12 minutes. There will be two batches.


5. Leave them to cool, about five minutes.




6. Enjoy!









Natalie









Comments